The first Mac OS X 10.8 update is now available through the app store, weighing in at a surprisingly trim 24.2 Mb. It’s just installed on my Macbook Air while my main Hackintosh starts the ritual backup before a system update. No mention of the widely reported battery life issue 10.8 brought to some Mac laptop users.
No problems with the update on Apple hardware so far, the only warning I received was of incompatible software. This turned out to be the Avira antivirus I have been trying, but it’s still present and working correctly. Here are the official Apple release notes for issues addressed by the 10.8.1 update.
About OS X Mountain Lion Update v10.8.1
This update includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability and compatibility of your Mac, including fixes that:
- Resolve an issue that may cause Migration Assistant to unexpectedly quit
- Improve compatibility when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server in Mail
- Address an issue playing audio through a Thunderbolt display
- Resolve an issue that could prevent iMessages from being sent
- Address an issue that could cause the system to become unresponsive when using Pinyin input
- Resolve an issue when connecting to SMB servers with long names
- Address a issue that may prevent Safari from launching when using a Proxy Automatic Configuration (PAC) file
- Improve 802.1X authentication with Active Directory credentials.
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5418.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.
- 3 days before wedding @RadissonBlu Limerick tell Bride and Groom no rooms available for 80 guests flying in from UK. Hotel has overbooked. 1 year ago
- RT @danthat: Come on, Valve. Today. On this special day. A trailer, an announcement, anything. 1 year ago
- Thanks @Ubisoft, now I can't reset my password to play the game I PAID for. Do you want to increase piracy? http://t.co/c349mTkGXv 2 years ago
- You Might Want to Wait Before Updating Some Devices to iOS 7 - highly recommended for the iPad 3. osxdaily.com/2013/09/16/wai… 3 years ago
- The fantastic System Shock 2 is now available on GOG.com, compatible with windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8. gog.com/gamecard/syste… 3 years ago
- Adding an SSD to a hackintosh HD installation
- Switching from BIOS to UEFI
- OS X Mountain Lion Update v10.8.1 released
- Hackintosh upgrade from 10.7 to 10.8
- iPad WiFi 3rd generation review
- iPad 3rd Generation unboxing and screenshots
- Thoughts on the new iPad
- Moving to Crashplan online backup
- What’s up with Backzup?
- Lion SMB problems and using a WDTV media streamer
- 1,810,648 hits