iPhone OS 4 unveiled 8th April
It’s an exciting time for Apple fans just now, and the fun continues April 8th. Apple has announced the unveiling of iPhone OS 4 this Thursday, and the Apple promotion machine (that’s us) has gone into overdrive speculating what might be new. Here’s a few of the suggestions:
- Multitasking seems to be the big focus, but Apple have previously commented on the effect this would have on battery life. The Pre offers multitasking and battery life sucks, so maybe iPhone OS 4 will freeze the running app when you switch to another so it’s not using up the battery in the background. Just an idea.
- Unified Mail Inbox is much needed and has been hinted at, so looking like a good bet for inclusion.
- Home Screen is one area the iPhone is lagging. We don’t need a huge battery indicator when the space could offer customisable RSS feeds, weather, stocks or any other information a plugin could provide. Just think, a whole new section for the App Store.
- Interface Updates After three years the iphone interface is getting a bit old, isn’t it time for a refresh? I’ve been using the Mobileme GUI 3.0 theme since getting my 3GS, and while interface themes aren’t likely to be in iPhone OS 4 a new look would be welcome.
- 3 days before wedding @RadissonBlu Limerick tell Bride and Groom no rooms available for 80 guests flying in from UK. Hotel has overbooked. 9 months ago
- RT @danthat: Come on, Valve. Today. On this special day. A trailer, an announcement, anything. 1 year ago
- Thanks @Ubisoft, now I can't reset my password to play the game I PAID for. Do you want to increase piracy? http://t.co/c349mTkGXv 1 year ago
- You Might Want to Wait Before Updating Some Devices to iOS 7 - highly recommended for the iPad 3. osxdaily.com/2013/09/16/wai… 2 years ago
- The fantastic System Shock 2 is now available on GOG.com, compatible with windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8. gog.com/gamecard/syste… 3 years ago
- Adding an SSD to a hackintosh HD installation
- Switching from BIOS to UEFI
- OS X Mountain Lion Update v10.8.1 released
- Hackintosh upgrade from 10.7 to 10.8
- iPad WiFi 3rd generation review
- iPad 3rd Generation unboxing and screenshots
- Thoughts on the new iPad
- Moving to Crashplan online backup
- What’s up with Backzup?
- Lion SMB problems and using a WDTV media streamer
- Snow Leopard on Acer Aspire One AOA150/ZG5
- Snow Leopard on Hackintosh Second Method
- Hackintosh Part 1
- Netgear Stora Review Part 1 - Hardware and Setup
- Blurb Imagewrap photo book review
- Google Chrome first impressions
- Dual monitors with a hackintosh
- HThackintosh Remote Part 1
- Snow Leopard on Hackintosh Guide
- VMware Vs Virtualbox, round 1
- 1,804,160 hits