Where Pwnage tool creates a custom firmware image to send to your iDevice, Quickpwn modifies a standard firmware install that is already there. Before starting Quickpwn you need to udpate to the new firmware using iTunes. The Quickpwn process is quite simple, the screenshots below show the steps and it even walks you through getting the device into DFU mode. The last three images are photo’s of my iPod during the install which continues on the iDevice once Quickpwn has finished. Read more…
Pwnage tool 2.2 supporting iPhone and iPod Touch firmware 2.2 was released late last night, and I have now had a chance to try it out. Nothing much different to the previous version, so here is a screenshot gallery of the process for anyone who hasn’t taken the plunge yet. It’s not quite as easy to use as Quickpwn as you have to manually put the iDevice into DFU mode then use iTunes to restore the package that Quickpwn makes. There are plenty of guides on the net for anyone needing guidance, so I won’t repeat it here. Read more…
The iPhone Dev Team have updates their QuickPwn tool for Windows/Mac and Pwnage tool for Mac to support the latest 2.2 firmware. Full details and bittorrent download links are available from their blog, the software is also showing up on several other bittorrent sites. Before charging in I would recommend reading the post at the iPhone Dev Team site as there is a lengthy guide to which version you should use for each iDevice. Both versions have just arrived at Basshead Towers so I’ll be trying them out and posting some screenshots as soon as I finish typing.
Once again thanks to the iPhone Dev Team for their continued support of the jailbreak community, and hopefully certain news web sites will be a bit more positive this time around.
- RT @danthat: Come on, Valve. Today. On this special day. A trailer, an announcement, anything. 5 months ago
- Thanks @Ubisoft, now I can't reset my password to play the game I PAID for. Do you want to increase piracy? http://t.co/c349mTkGXv 10 months ago
- You Might Want to Wait Before Updating Some Devices to iOS 7 - highly recommended for the iPad 3. osxdaily.com/2013/09/16/wai… 1 year ago
- The fantastic System Shock 2 is now available on GOG.com, compatible with windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8. gog.com/gamecard/syste… 2 years ago
- Yesterday my usual 50Mb/s download speed was <8Mb/s, today it has doubled to 100Mb/s. Thanks Virgin Media. 2 years ago
- Adding an SSD to a hackintosh HD installation
- Switching from BIOS to UEFI
- OS X Mountain Lion Update v10.8.1 released
- Hackintosh upgrade from 10.7 to 10.8
- iPad WiFi 3rd generation review
- iPad 3rd Generation unboxing and screenshots
- Thoughts on the new iPad
- Moving to Crashplan online backup
- What’s up with Backzup?
- Lion SMB problems and using a WDTV media streamer
- 1,773,383 hits