The latest update to Apple’s iPhone and iPod Touch devices is now available through iTunes, along with an iTunes update to 8.0.2. New features of the iPhone update include Google streetview, podcast downloads and updated Mail and Safari. The iPod Touch update does not include the streetview feature.
As usual the iPhone Dev Team are recommending you delay upgrading to v2.2 through iTunes until their Pwnage and QuickPwn tools are updated to support the new release. It’s probably worth holding off on the iTunes update as well since Apple appear to be increasing their jailbreak thwarting measures recently. I’m hoping that once a jailbreak for v2.2 is released it will include an unlock for iPod Touch streetview.
- RT @danthat: Come on, Valve. Today. On this special day. A trailer, an announcement, anything. 5 months ago
- Thanks @Ubisoft, now I can't reset my password to play the game I PAID for. Do you want to increase piracy? http://t.co/c349mTkGXv 10 months ago
- You Might Want to Wait Before Updating Some Devices to iOS 7 - highly recommended for the iPad 3. osxdaily.com/2013/09/16/wai… 1 year ago
- The fantastic System Shock 2 is now available on GOG.com, compatible with windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8. gog.com/gamecard/syste… 2 years ago
- Yesterday my usual 50Mb/s download speed was <8Mb/s, today it has doubled to 100Mb/s. Thanks Virgin Media. 2 years ago
- Adding an SSD to a hackintosh HD installation
- Switching from BIOS to UEFI
- OS X Mountain Lion Update v10.8.1 released
- Hackintosh upgrade from 10.7 to 10.8
- iPad WiFi 3rd generation review
- iPad 3rd Generation unboxing and screenshots
- Thoughts on the new iPad
- Moving to Crashplan online backup
- What’s up with Backzup?
- Lion SMB problems and using a WDTV media streamer
- 1,773,460 hits