The Mac OSX 10.6.3 update is working fine on my main hackintosh, installed through Software Update. The only file that needed replacing (just before running the update) was the 10.6.2 version of SleepEnabler.kext. Following the advice at Insanelymac and Netkas.org I downloaded the 10.6.3 version from Meklort’s Blog. Thanks to all those providing advice and files.
Apple has today released the latest update to the Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard operating system. The screenshot above covers the components that have seen upgrades, mostly bug fixes and performance improvements. I’m making backups on my main hackintosh at the moment so the next post will cover how successful the update to 10.6.3 was.
In a couple of previous posts I mentioned having problems with my original Snow Leopard hackintosh install. Most appeared to be related to permissions, with certain settings reverting after a reboot. For example, I change the background colour of my finder windows to grey instead of white, and every time I restarted this would change back to white again. I also always got a few unrepairable permissions errors when using Disk Utility’s repair function. Nothing major, and while everything important worked fine there were enough minor irritations to start me looking at an alternative install method. Read more…
- Thanks @Ubisoft, now I can't reset my password to play the game I PAID for. Do you want to increase piracy? http://t.co/c349mTkGXv 3 months ago
- You Might Want to Wait Before Updating Some Devices to iOS 7 - highly recommended for the iPad 3. osxdaily.com/2013/09/16/wai… 1 year ago
- The fantastic System Shock 2 is now available on GOG.com, compatible with windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8. gog.com/gamecard/syste… 1 year ago
- Yesterday my usual 50Mb/s download speed was <8Mb/s, today it has doubled to 100Mb/s. Thanks Virgin Media. 1 year ago
- Adding an SSD to a hackintosh HD installation wp.me/pa9iU-PQ 1 year ago
- Adding an SSD to a hackintosh HD installation
- Switching from BIOS to UEFI
- OS X Mountain Lion Update v10.8.1 released
- Hackintosh upgrade from 10.7 to 10.8
- iPad WiFi 3rd generation review
- iPad 3rd Generation unboxing and screenshots
- Thoughts on the new iPad
- Moving to Crashplan online backup
- What’s up with Backzup?
- Lion SMB problems and using a WDTV media streamer
- 1,743,090 hits